Setting proper safeguards in place to avoid the legal pitfalls that can be detrimental to your business
The 6 Pillars of Business Success: Doing Business Right
by Roger Doumanian available on Amazon.com
Despite the nature, size, or level of success of your business, your company is not immune to laws and regulations.
Failing to educate yourself on the legalities of business and identify the legal pitfalls can be detrimental to your business.
Sadly, too many businesses fail because the owners are oblivious to the laws and regulations that govern their entity. Laws and regulations apply to practically every aspect of your business, from the formation to the sale of a company. When owners neglect these laws and regulations, whether willfully, because they think they are immune to the laws, or, carelessly, because of inexperience, they are subjecting their businesses and themselves to serious legal trouble.
- So, how do you stay up-to-date with laws and regulations that affect your business?
- How do you understand and comply with the overwhelming number of laws and regulations?
- How do you protect your trade secrets and other intellectual properties from misuse by competitors?
- How do you set up proper safeguards to avoid the legal pitfalls?
By establishing the Legal Pillar!
The Legal Pillar in Action
Business owners often underestimate the amount of work that goes into protecting a business from a legal standpoint. As laws and regulations become more complex, and even contradict each other in some areas, running a business becomes more like walking on eggshells. And for the uninformed and unprepared business owner, it’s like walking on eggshells with a blindfold on. Here are just a few key ways that your Legal Pillar (your trusted legal advisors) can help you take those blindfolds off.
- Advice: Provide advice and guidance on important legal questions and considerations to mitigate risk, avoid litigation, and reduce the chances of costly mistakes that can severely cripple or permanently damage your business.
- Business Formation: Assist with the selection and formation of a business entity that best aligns with the business model of your company, taking into consideration such things as liability, taxation, structure, and operational requirements.
- Compliance: Keeping your business compliant with the myriad of local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to business management, formalities, employee relations, and interaction with consumers.
- Legal Documents: Writing and reviewing legal documents such as a lease or rental agreements, service contracts, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, buy-sell agreements, and various other legal documents that are essential for the successful operation of your business.
- Negotiations: Negotiating terms and conditions for your major business transactions and acquisitions, partnerships, investments, and settlements for legal disputes.
- Protection of Intellectual Property: Protecting your intellectual property, including trademarks and service marks, copyrights, patents, and trade secrets, from misappropriation or theft by employees, competitors, or the public.
- Legal Disputes: Litigating and settling legal disputes that may arise between your business and shareholders, partners, consumers, vendors, employees, contractors, the public, or the government.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Ensuring that the company has the best possible representation and gets the best deal in the event of a merger with, or acquisition of, or by, another business.
Explore the Rest of the Pillars
Despite size or number of years established, every business needs “The 6 Pillars of Business Success” to grow, prosper, avoid dangerous pitfalls, become recession-proof, and reduce the risk of failure.
Mastering cash flow, cash cushion, and money management to keep your business financially stable and fund your own growth
Identifying and recruiting the right people, and implementing the right strategy, to develop a winning team
Implementing proven strategies for marketing to help you grow and stabilize your business despite economic conditions
Production planning and tools that will prepare your business to meet increasing market demand for your products or services
Establishing relationships with customers based on trust, loyalty, and goodwill – converting them into a powerful salesforce
The Roger Doumanian Corporation
28494 Westinghouse Place, Suite 115
Valencia, CA 91355
Phone (661) 857-7000
Built on Bedrock®
COACHING. CONSULTING. TRAINING.
The Business Structure Experts